The Marilyn Augur Family Foundation DOES not accept unsolicited applications/pre-application letters. The Foundation makeS initial contact with the organizations that it is able to support.
- The Foundation gives priority to organizations serving basic human needs primarily in the geographical area of Dallas.
- The Board of Trustees defines basic human needs as food, shelter, clothing, health and education aimed at transforming lives of those living in poverty or in prison.
- Christian organizations are of particular interest to the Foundation.
- The Foundation gives emphasis to children’s programs.
- Generally, the Foundation DOES NOT give grants in the area of arts and culture.
- The Foundation prefers to support organizations and projects directly rather than supporting fundraising events.
- The Foundation cannot make grants to individuals.
- Normally grants will be made for one year only.
- The usual grant is between $1000 - $3000.